Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Frustrations and spiders

I often feel like my brain is filled with trivia. Being one who works with books I've had much opportunity to accumulate all sorts of information in my head. After any particularly frustrating task, the tale of the spider will often come to mind. Because I don't always retain all the details I can't reference the story properly, or tell it properly either.

The tale had something to do with a great warrior, hiding after a bitter defeat, who was inspired to try again after watching a spider near the entrance of his cave. The spider was attempting to spin a web and the breeze kept tearing it apart. This spider eventually managed to make an excellent, well-anchored web because she never gave up.

Thought for the day: We've only failed if we refuse to get up when knocked down.

No comments: