Thursday, November 27, 2008

More Rain and Quiet Thanksgiving

A wonderful day with more rain in the desert. I love how it smells during and after a rain storm, it's one of the best smells in the world.

I was coughing off and on today so opted out of the places I could go on this Thanksgiving Day. It may have been nothing, but I didn't want to give anyone a cold for the holiday season.

It was a day for finishing up a knitting project, making refrigerator bread dough, doing Family Search indexing and loving on the cats.

I need to cook up the turkey breast I bought earlier in the week sometime over this extended week.

Tonight will be a prayer just of thanksgiving. I have a home, and the gospel, a reliable car and financial security. I have friends and cats and scriptures and the blessings of the resurrection and atonement of Jesus Christ. I have skills for blessing others and my own enjoyment. I have health. I had a wonderful childhood with goodly parents and noble ancestors.

It's worthwhile to ponder sometimes and just focus on all that the Lord has given me. The more often I do it the more I recognize blessings and tender mercies every day of my life.

No comments: