Thursday, June 5, 2014

Family History for all

I spent some time today working on finding newspaper articles for one of my former co-workers who is doing a presentation for the American Library Association Convention in Las Vegas this month. Newspapers are quite interesting sources of information. I found an obituary and some legal notices for the estate of the deceased.

Edwin Theodore Pope I, 1835-1917

I've also started corresponding with a person who created a memorial on FindAGrave for the daughter of my 4th great grandfather. Her son-in-law is my 4th cousin. It's quite interesting to find these distant relations and share information. She had a history for one of my g-grandfathers that I had seen before, but one for my 4th-ggrandfather I had not seen. He was an early settler of Randolph, Utah - sent there by Brigham Young to establish a community there. Hard work and a harsh country.


No comments: