Friday, March 9, 2007

Cats With Agendas

Anyone who owns cats can probably attest to this. Cats have their own schedules and their own agendas. They know when I should be going to bed, and they know when I should be getting up, and rarely is it the times I have in mind. Now, I -should- be in bed around 9:30 pm and up around 5:30 am every work day, at least if I'm going to get 8 hours of sleep. Around 9:00 pm they start coming in and staring at me, which I usually ignore of course. If I'm not in bed when they know I should be they go there without me.

Morning time. Shadow has decided that if he knocks my glasses off of the headboard, or paws the clock radio out of its nook, that I'll get up. It often works. The radio turns on, and I hit the snooze button. Shadow isn't agreeing to that, so he pulls it out onto the bed. It would be interesting to see if I was more alert and healthy if I did sleep on their schedule for me.

No comments: